AFTER A REIKI SESSION
The Importance of Self Care
Most clients report feeling relaxed and centered after a Reiki session but each session is unique. It is important to remember that significant energy work was completed.
Here are some suggestions for self care after a session:
1. Hydrate (water and/or electrolytes). This helps with the cleansing process and keeps energy fluid. This will also help with any detox symptoms that might arise.
2. Eat something (preferably fresh food and avoid large amounts of caffeine/alcohol) after a session. This helps to keep you grounded after energy work.
3. Take an Epsom Salt Bath (or with baking soda) . This is an important step that many skip. It integrates the energy work that was completed and helps prevent detox symptoms. Not a bath person? Just soak your feet in Epsom Salts and warm water for 10-15 minutes.
4. Spend time in Nature. Many find it comforting to sit in a park, take a walk in the woods or even sit in the backyard. Take time to be in stillness.
5. Listen to your body. Some clients report an increase in emotions or slight fatigue over the next 24 hours. This is a normal detox response after energy work. Listen to your body and nap as needed. Water and salt baths can be helpful here.
6. Some clients report vivid dreams, memories, or other insights that surface. Keep a journal and write down your impressions, feelings and thoughts. Get creative- paint or draw!
Most clients find that a Reiki session every 6-8 weeks keeps them feeling well balanced. Energy fields will often become stagnant again due to every day life (stress, diet, environment, emotional issues, etc). Regular sessions can help you feel your best!